Wednesday, August 23, 2017

K.I.T

{Dan} There are a number of ways to keep in touch with us while we're away.

  1. Facebook
  2. Facetime (remember we're 5 hours ahead of EST)
  3. WhatsApp
  4. Google Hangouts
  5. A million other ways to stay in touch.
We've ported our cell phone numbers to Google Voice (the Great AT&T Battle is drawing to a close.)  While we're on wifi we can take calls, texts, etc. using either WhatsApp or Google Hangouts.  It should work just like regular cell phones....fingers crossed.

Also, I'm going a little old school while I'm here.  While I was at the Eastport Post Office shipping stuff to my APO and permanently changing out address (anything longer than 6 mo is a permanent change), a nice guy named Donny helped me out.  After our business was concluded, he slipped me a paper with the address of the post office on it.  He told me that he collects post cards and asked if I would send him post cards once in a while while I'm away.  I've sent two and I intend to send more.  (I leave it blank though if I were more artistic I would doodle something on it.)  If you would like us to occasionally send you a post card during our adventures, let us know.  I would ask you to leave your mailing address in the comments section but that would be horrendously irresponsible of me.  If you're interested, get us a mailing address using another method (perhaps one of the ones outlined above.)  Meanwhile, if you wouldn't mind, please send Donny a postcard if you find yourself in an interesting place.  Or a boring place.  Just send Donny a postcard.  The man's hobby is postcards.  Imagine that.  On the surface it seems like a fairly mundane hobby but what an opportunity to connect with unreachable places and with completely unknown people.  It's actually pretty cool.  I'll bet his house is wallpapered in postcards.  Thats what I would do if I had a postcard thing.  Though actually I don't know that I could reconcile which side of the postcard should face out.  Here is the address:

Attn: Donny
Eastport Station
821 Chesapeake Ave
Annapolis, MD 21403-3249

No comments:

Post a Comment